After Stories is located behind the IFFCO Metro Station and promises a pleasing, satisfying after story to your experience long after you have walked out. With plush interiors that have been tastefully done and the pub area spread over three floors plus outdoor seating, this is an ideal place to have a corporate get together, a friend’s graduation party or a hen’s night- basically all that you want to party for with your pals!
Dinner Time Churros
- 1/4 cup caster sugar (superfine sugar) (55g)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 150 g/ 1 cup plain white flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil or other neutral flavoured oil (not extra virgin olive oil)
- 250 ml / 1 cup boiled water
- 2 cups+ oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup / 100g dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup / 125 ml thickened cream (heavy cream)
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl, set aside.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Add oil and water and mix until just combined – it should be a thick batter, like a wet sticky dough, not thin and watery.
- Transfer dough into a piping bag with a 8mm / 1/3″ star tip nozzle. Let cool while oil heats.
- Heat oil over medium high in a wok or small but deep skillet, to 170C/340F, or until it takes 20 seconds for a small 1cm / 1/3″ cube of bread to turn golden.
- Pipe 15 cm / 6″ lengths of dough into the oil, snipping with scissors. Do 3 to 4 per batch, makes 8 to 10 in total.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden, rolling occasionally.
- Remove onto paper towel lined plate to drain. Then roll in sugar. Serve hot with Chocolate Sauce!
- Place in a heatproof bowl and microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring in between, until smooth.
- Use plain white all purpose flour, not self raising flour.
- Make sure to get chocolate chips for cooking, not chocolate confectionary for eating! It melts smoother.
- Normally we deep fry in a saucepan. But it’s too difficult to snip the dough in a saucepan. To minimise oil required, we like using a wok. Otherwise a deep small skillet will also work great!
- MAKE AHEAD: Do not roll in sugar. Allow to cool completely, then store in airtight container (not in fridge). It will go soft. Reheat in 180C/350F oven for 5 minutes or until crisp, then roll in sugar.
- GENERAL NOTE: Some people have commented about the absence of sugar in the batter. It isn’t needed – the coating adds loads of sweetness, not to mention the dipping sauce!
Price: 225 INR