Hello all. We know it’s been a while since we started working on this recipe section and hence we are starting it with one of our most favorite dish i.e Mutton Curry. Please find below the recipe & let us know how did you like it.
1. Mutton – 750gms
2. Dry Red Chillies – 3 or 4
3. Clove – 4
5. Black Cardamom – 2
6. Bay Leaf – 2 or 3
7. Cinnamon sticks – 2 ( 2 – 2.5 inches )
8. Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
9. Jeera ( Cumin ) – 1 tsp
10. Desi Ghee ( Clarified Butter ) – 4 to 5 tbsp ( You can add upto 6 or 7 spoons as well depending upon your liking )
11. Crushed Kasoori Methi
12. Onions – 4 ( big sized )
13. Masale ( 1 tbsp each ) – Red Chilli Powder , Dhaniya Powder , Haldi Powder , Mutton Masala ( I am currently using new dry fruit store wala but normal like mdh will also do )
14. Namak – Swaad Anusaar ( As Per Your Taste )
15. Tomato Puree – Half Service Spoon
1. Heat the pan and add desi ghee and let it heat for around few seconds. Then add cinnamon sticks , jeera , red chillies , black cardamom , cloves & bay leaf and cook it for around 10 to 15 seconds on high flame.
2. Then add the onion paste & ginger garlic paste and cook the paste for around 15 minutes on high flame till the time it gets light brown. And yeah , keep stirring in every 3 4 minutes.
3. Take a bowl and add all the masale with salt and add some water and mix it and then add it to the pan. Mix the onion paste with this and then add tomato puree. Let it cook for about a minute.
4. Add mutton and some water and then cook for atleast an hour on a slow heat ( bhunofy ) and keep stirring the mutton in every 15 minutes and keep adding small quantities of water if you feel the mutton is sticking to the surface. Also add the crushed kasoori methi now.
5. Check if the mutton is tender and then add the water for the gravy accordingly ) and garnish it with chopped coriander.
Voila!! Mutton Curry Is Ready. Enjoy It With Breads Or Rice.